The Gig Economy and Freelance Project Management
Time & Location
About the event
Rebecca Medina is the Founder and CEO of TalentCheetah Inc., the first free digital talent marketplace for expert project managers. She is a PMP® certified Project Management Professional with over 25 years of hands-on experience managing complex information technology portfolios, primarily in the telecommunications, technology and software industries. She is fluent in diverse development and project methodologies including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Critical Chain.
The Gig Economy and Freelance Project Management:
- Understand what the Gig Economy is and how it relates to the Project Economy
- Distinguish between worker classifications including full-time employee, contractor, freelancer, knowledge worker and consultant.
- Identify the top 3 benefits of Freelance Project Management (To the freelancer and to the hiring organization)
- Overview of flow-to-the-work business structure and synergies with project management.
- Key actions project professionals can take today to keep pace with the future of work.
How this presentation will help the PM Community:
- Educates PMs on the seismic shift in independent work opportunities fueled by technology and the Gig Economy. Specifically, how can PMs capitalize on this growing trend?
- Demystifies Worker Classification (W2/1099) and clarifies confusing market terms (contractor vs independent contractor, consultant vs freelancer, etc.)
- Provides actionable recommendations/activities for PMs to clearly articulate their project strengths and ideal work opportunities (relevant for both full-time employees and independent consultants/contractors/freelancers). The break-out session focuses on creating their PM “elevator pitch” to help define PM identity.