The PMI Central Ohio Chapter will be recognized as a premiere organization dedicated to serving the business and educational community of Central Ohio through the advancement of the practice, science and profession of project management.
The PMI Central Ohio Chapter will provide a forum for the project management community to promote PMI principles as stated below:
* Support members as they pursue their Project Management Institute certifications
* Build project management awareness through outreach to communities, corporations, government entities, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions
* Provide and receive training as a means to promote professional development
* Share project experiences and explore new opportunities
* Network with other Project Managers
The Board: The Board is the elected body that is responsible for the governing of the chapter. The Board was modeled after corporate America and was required by PMI Headquarters in 2001 when they required all chapters to become incorporated within their respective geographical areas. The Board consists of the President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, two Directors-at-Large, VP Operations, Digital Strategy Advisor and Strategic Programs Director.
The Officers: The Officers are appointed by the Board and are responsible for the leadership of the chapter. The Officers each manage committees which are responsible for the operational aspects of the chapter. These committees and officers will change over time depending upon the needs of the chapter. The standing committees include Finance, Communications, Member Services, Outreach, Professional Development and Professional Development Day.